Studying in top international universities is a dream come true for many Indian students, but financial constraints are a big milestone for these students.
That is why many national and international universities or bodies try to ensure that our talented students get the opportunity and not get denied due to the lack of funds.
Government and universities value these high performing students and have many scholarships to attract these bright students.
Types Of Study Abroad Scholarships for Indian Students
These scholarships are based on the student’s academics. Qualifications will vary from scholarships to scholarship.
Origin Specific Scholarship
These scholarships are for those students who are planning to study abroad in their dream country.
Background Specific Scholarship
These scholarships attend students who qualify for factors like- age, gender, race, religion, and medical history.
Subject Based Scholarship
These scholarships are awarded by the government or the colleges according to a particular or specific field of study the student wants to pursue.
Program Specific Scholarship
These scholarships are awarded according to the academic and personal achievements of the applicant.
So we have come up with some of the best scholarships to study abroad that will attract the bright Indian students to pursue their career in their dream country for FREE:
Scholarships to Study Abroad in Australia
Australia is currently among the third most popular countries for international studies in the English speaking world after the USA and UK.
Students studying in Australia have a better chance to get a quality education at different levels.
So below are some of the most popular scholarships to study abroad in Australia for Indian students:
1. Australia Awards Scholarships
- These scholarships will provide full tuition fees for the applicants along with,
- Airfare travel payment to and from Australia, establishment allowance which will include (accommodation expenses, textbooks, etc.)
- Contribution to living expenses as the rate determined by the department.
- Health insurance or health covers for the period of the award, to cover student’s medical costs.
- Pre-English course fees if necessary, and provide fieldwork for research students.
- For this scholarship, the applicant will need to sign in contract with the Commonwealth of Australia.
- The period of this scholarship is two years and the applicant is required to leave after two years and if not, will need to bear the consequences.
- And lastly, the applicants need to have a minimum academic IELTS score of 6.5 or Equivalent to TOEFL or PTE score.
2. Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship
- RTP is a single pool of funding to both domestic and overseas students for research, doctorate, and research master’s degree.
- RTP provides funding for tuition fees, living expenses, and other ancillary costs of HRD (higher degree of research) like health cover by HRD.
- An applicant must be a domestic or overseas student enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study.
- This scholarship is for a maximum of 2 years for (research master’s) or 3 years or up to 4 years for (research doctorate’s).
3. Destination Australia Scholarship
- This scholarship program in 2020 provided 1180 scholarships through 35 providers in 81 locations in regional Australia.
- Payments will be granted in installments of $7500 per semester.
- Also, there are $60,000 grants for 4-year course students and $4500 grants available for 3-year course students.
- The applicant must be agreed to live in a regional or rural area of Victoria while studying.
- If the applicant is from a non -English country, a Certificate of ILETS, OTE, and the English ACU test is required.
Scholarships to Study in Canada
Indian students are seen to be plenty in Canada.
Under graduation level to Ph.D. level programs are provided by the Canadian government as well as private and non-government universities or institutions.
The government and private universities of Canada provide scholarships to both local citizens as well as international students.
So here are scholarships that are available for Indian students to study abroad in Canada:
1. Shastri Indo Canadian Scholarship
- This scholarship program provides courses from the level of graduate to post-doctoral and from research to training programs.
- This scholarship allows the eligible students to do an e-course or an e-internship at Canadian universities.
- The expenses that this scholarship would fund for the applicants are – any subscription related to online meeting software, Internet connection, telephone bills, registration fee to access the library or lab facility if any.
- The value of this scholarship is CAD 500-1000.
- The duration of this fellowship would be up to 8-12 weeks for the students.
- The applicant should not be enrolled in any other degree or diploma.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
2. Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan
- This fellowship identifies students with high intellect from commonwealth countries applying for advanced study and research programs at masters and Ph.D. level.
- This scholarship and fellowship plan provides travel expenses and tuition fees for the students.
- It includes graduate students exchange (GSEP) which provides $10,000 for transportation, living, and other expenses of the student for 5-6 months in Canada.
- The applicant must require at least a minimum of 60% score at the UG level.
- The applicant must have completed his or her tertiary education in English medium.
- Candidate must be residing in India at the time of the application process.
Scholarships to Study in the U.S.A.
USA government and universities provide a good range of scholarships to Indian students.
Both Government and non-government Scholarships are available for students.
So here are some scholarships for Indian students to study abroad in the well-known cities of the U.S.A.
1. Full Bright Students’ Scholarships
- These fellowships are for students who want to pursue a master’s degree.
- It provides j-1 visa support.
- This fellowship provides economy class airfare travel expenses from student’s home to the host institution.
- Also, provide expenses like living and tuition fees, etc.
- Students must have completed equivalent to US’s bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university.
- The applicant must have a full 3 years of professional experience in the field of interest or study.
- Must not have enrolled in any other degree at US University.
2. AAUW International Fellowship
- The American Association of the university of women provides full-time study opportunities or research in the United States to women or non-US women citizens.
- It provides both graduation and post-graduation degree.
- A value of $18,000 for masters or professionals, $20,000 for doctoral, and $30,000 for post-doctoral level degrees are provided by this fellowship.
- The applicant must hold an academic degree equivalent to the US’s bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant must be proficient in English and must confirm it by submitting the ETS TOEFL score.
3. Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program
- These scholarship programs provide post-graduation level degrees.
- These scholarships are provided on a 50% grant and 50% loan basis.
- And also provide tuition fees and living expenses.
- Funding for the Ph.D. level will be provided for only the first two years.
- Half of the scholarship amount is considered a loan.
- A guarantor is required to co-sign the loan agreement. The payback period is five years.
- Six months after the study period is funded by the Aga khan foundation.